The Tri-Cities Military Affairs Council (TCMAC) is organized to recognize, encourage, support, and be an advocate for military and veteran affairs in North East Tennessee as they relate to national defense and economic vitality of the area. Some of the ways that TCMAC accomplishes its goals are:
1. Fostering and maintaining an appreciation for those who serve as well as those who have served.
2. Educating community, business, and the political leaders on the military and veterans, its mission and economic impact.
3. Working as a liaison between civic, veteran and military communities.
4. Making apparent to military personnel, veterans and their families that North East Tennessee values them as important citizens, friends and welcome additions to the community.
5. Offers support to local military recruiters.
6. Promoting and enhancing employer support for the Guard and Reserve (ESGR).
7. Membership in TCMAC is open to any person, firm or organization.